New London - Spicer Community Ed Registrations
May 21st SUMMER UPDATE
DATE: May 22, 2020
TO: Families of New London-Spicer Community Ed/Youth Services and HS/MS Activities Participants
FROM: John Vraa, HS Activities/CE Director
Peg Peterson, MS Activities Director/Youth Services Coordinator
RE: Summer Updates
- Registration for the summer PALS program is open with priority given to Tier I, Tier II employees and families previously served in PALS.
- Behind the Wheel Instruction will begin soon. Students will be contacted by their instructor to set-up driving times and go through protocols regarding screening and PPE.
- Classroom Driver Education virtual classes will be announced soon.
- All other Community Ed/Youth Services programming for the month of June has been cancelled.
- We hope to have a revised July/August programming schedule available by mid-June.
- Summer ETS Strength Training. We are working with ETS to provide at-home ETS workouts through the ETS APP until in-person workouts resume. The ability to screen participants, sanitize equipment, and maintain social distancing guidelines will all be factors to consider for in-person workouts.
- We will continue to evaluate the status of summer camps, sport practices, and the use of school facilities as more guidance is given from the CDC, MDH, MDE, and the MSHSL. Please continue to check the school and community education websites for updates.
Thank you for your understanding during our current health crisis. If you have any questions, please direct them to John Vraa, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-212-5342 and/or Peg Peterson, email@example.com, 320-894-8276.
**Registration is now available for the Summer PALS Program -- Availability restrictions may apply.
Please register online by clicking on the PALS After School & Summer Program below. You must also fill out and return the Summer 2020 PALS Forms which can be found here Summer 2020 PALS Forms. Registration deadline May 20th. You will be notified by May 21st if your kids are accepted to attend the Summer PALS Program.
Click on the boxes below to view tentative summer classes: